There used to be a point where I would unashamedly wear a swimsuit:There was also a time when I would wear my favorite prom dress:There was a point where I felt confident enough to show off mt shoulders:There was even a time, unbelievable as it seems now a days, when I would wear SHORTS:(I’m in the blue shirt/black shorts, front left)
Since Summer is just about here, I figured now would a great time to try and get rid of that baby weight as well as all of that I-love-chocolate-and-bread-too-much weight.
Here are my top 10 reasons to lose weight.
- I’m in love with food. Actually, I have decided to keep being a foodie and to continue my baking habit, I need to start some kind of exercise routine. If I am going make all kinds of sweets and rich foods, I need a way to burn off all those extra calories! Cathy of the blog, Noble Pig writes that she walks “5.2 miles a day just to be able to chow-down on fattening food while maintaining a normal weigh.” I think I will need to work up to that.
- I would really like to fit down a normal slide! When we take Elizabeth to the park, I have to wedge myself down the slide carefully because my butt gets clogged in the tube. And let me tell ya, if it’s a hot day, you don’t want your butt stuck in a slide.
- Eventually, sometime in the distant future, Hubby and I would like to have another kid. I have got so shed some pound-age before I start that whole process again. During my first trimester, the only thing I could stomach for breakfast was chocolate milk and doughnut holes. Then in the third trimester I was hungry every second of everyday. I would just go stand in the kitchen wondering what I could eat. Needless to say, starting out at this weight could produce disastrous proportions.
- I would like to wear shorts again.
- I would like to wear a swimsuit again. (Not including boy length shorts)
- I think my body would say thank you. My poor ankles, knees and back are really feeling the pressure of all this extra weight. I am pretty sure at 23, I shouldn’t have chronic back pain.
- I know my mind would say thank you. I beat myself up every time I look in the mirror. I avoid full-length mirrors. I hate the way everything looks. Looking in the mirror and not wanting to Photo Shop my body into oblivion would be quite refreshing.
- I’m at risk for Diabetes. My mom has it and my brother was, at one time, diagnosed with borderline diabetes. I also had gestational diabetes. If I don’t want to end up sticking myself with a needle everyday, I should probably take some action.
- I live in Oklahoma. Has anyone ever noticed how freakin’ hot it gets in Oklahoma? Well I have. I would like to dress in such away that I would not become a blubbery sweat-covered mess. I would like to stop dressing like a Puritan because I am ashamed of my thunder thighs, thick calves, flabby arms and poochy tummy.
- I love my husband. I love Elizabeth. I love my friends and my family. I want to be alive to love them. I also want to set a good example for my daughter so she doesn’t fall into the same problem that I did. I want to be healthy for the people I love and for myself.
In reality, this post was probably more for myself than you readers. But I hope if any of you are struggling that you know I am right there with you. This is my way of committing to being healthier and losing weight. I hope I will have some positive results to show you. (Although they won’t be as extreme as The Biggest Loser!)