Summer is creeping closer and with it comes our favorite summer meal:
Southwest Turkey Burgers and fries!
The recipe is from Cook Yourself Thin, but I kinda do my own thing and make do with what I have.
This meal is so easy and great alternative to your normal burger! So yummy.
Southwest Turkey Burgers and Fries
- Pre-heat the oven-425ºF
- Slice up your sweet potatoes (and normal potatoes if your hubby doesn’t like sweet potatoes).
- Throw them in a bowl with some olive oil and your choice of spices. (salt, chili powder, garlic powder and lime is yummy)
- Spread them on a baking sheet and bake for 30-45 minutes. Don’t forget to stir them every 10 minutes or so (that way they don’t stick to the pan).
While they are cooking:
- Mash ground turkey and a can of green chiles all together (I mean take the green chiles out of the can).
- Make patties (refrigerate the patties for a few minutes, especially if you are putting them on the outside grill!)
- Cook those patties on a grill pan or outside grill.
- Assemble with avocado, tomato, lettuce and etc.
Strawberries are just cut up and sprinkled with sugar. Then leave them in the fridge while you eat dinner.
Easy Pea-sy Recipeasy!
What is your favorite summer recipe?