Since we are having this freakishly warm hot few days and since we are trying to keep the AC off as long as we can stand it and since there was no way I was turning my oven on tonight: Dinner was officially a dilemma!
Thankfully, Veronica of Recipe Rhapsody posted this delicious and summery dish. So instead of whining about having nothing good to eat and eventually ordering some kind of greasy take out, we went shopping.
I was miraculously able to find some decent tomatoes and some already ripe avocados.
Let me just warn you, I don’t actually know how to make guacamole, so its just mashed up stuff with seasoning.
Anyway, on to the food.
Complete your meal with ice cold glass of something you and enjoy!
for a better recipe check out the one on Recipe Rhapsody, she actually knows what she’s talking about)
- bread (whole wheat is healthier)
- lemon juice
- garlic powder
Make a samich:
- some how remove cut the avocado in half and remove the insides
- chop up some tomato (optional)
- add some lemon juice, salt, garlic powder
- mash it all up
- fry up the bacon and lay on a paper towel covered plate
- toast the bread
- cut up a tomato
- pick off some leaves of lettuce
- slather you guacamole-ish on a slice of bread
- put the bacon, lettuce and tomato on the other slice of bread
- smash together, and you really should smash
- Eat up!
-Sarah, One Curly Mama
P.S. Don’t forget to vote on Elizabeth’s Easter dress! Two votes is not enough. We are depending on you guys!