Valentine’s Day is only a few days away! Here is a sweet way to wake up in the morning or finish out the day.
Here in the Harrison house we have discovered frozen fruit smoothies. All you do it throw the frozen fruit in the blender with some milk, blend and ta-da. Easy, yummy and filling to boot, as breakfast or a snack. In my experiments with flavors I discovered this concoction of a chocolate fix that is healthy too.
All you need:
- 1 Cup frozen cherries
- 1/4 Cup of milk (add more if needed to blend well)
- 1 Tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon of sugar (add half at a time, to taste)
- chocolate syrup
All you have to do:
- throw your cherries and milk in the blender
- blend for awhile
- add the cocoa powder and some of the sugar
- blend for a bit
- taste and add more sugar if you want
- blend some more
- pour into a cup
- garnish with a chocolate syrup swirl (you don’t have to do this, but it adds a nice sweet taste, i think it makes the balance of sweet and tart perfect)
NOTE: you could mix the cocoa powder into the milk so that when you blend everything together you get less of the powder texture
ANOTHER NOTE: the great thing about this recipe is how easily you can make it your own. you could add strawberries, add more cherries, add more chocolate syrup, try other spices like cinnamon. just make the smoothie taste good to you.
-Sarah, One Curly Mama