Since it is February, the month of loooove, I have decided my posts should be in some way Valentine-y themed. My previous post about chocolate cake in a cup even counts! You can make two cups of chocolate cake or share one with your loved one while you cuddle up on the couch. What is better than cuddling and chocolate? Nothing!
But on to today’s post.
A Wonderful Valentine’s Morning Breakfast, even though we had it today!
So, I got this idea from a recipe in a magazine but I didn’t really listen to the magazine and made it my own creation.
First you have to mix up some eggs and stuff, like you would for french toast. Add some personal touches, cinnamon, vanilla etc.
Then make your sandwiches of cream cheese and jelly, jam or preserves. Use strawberry to give that Valentine’s Day look!
Yum! Now dip them into your egg-y goodness and cook up like you would normal french toast.
Ta-da! French toasty-sandwich-y slightly burnt perfection. Garnish with some cinnamon sugar. To make hearts like I did, check back on Saturday.
Well there you go. This recipe is easily personalized and altered. We even tried one with peanut butter and jelly. It was okay, but not as yummy as cream cheese and fruity jam. So have fun with it.
French Toast Style Sammies
Makes about 4 full size sandwiches.
What you need:
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 8 pieces of bread
- cream cheese
- jam, jelly or preserves, your choice of flavor
- cinnamon sugar or other spice for garnish
- optional syrup for dipping
What to do:
- Mix the eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract together in a bowl. (I use a flat on the bottom dish)
- Make cream cheese and jam sandwhiches
- Dip sandwiches in egg mixture.
- Cook in a greased skillet for a few minutes on each side. Be careful not to burn them.
- Garnish with some cinnamon sugar or serve with syrup if you want.
- Serve them up and enjoy!
-Sarah, One Curly Mama