In an effort to watch my calories I am trying to stop keeping chocolate in the house. If you can imagine, this commitment has its obvious perils, such as mood swings and intense cravings. This little indulgence is a quick way for me, or you, to get your chocolate fix. There is no lingering cake somewhere constantly tempting you or a bag of Snickers stashed in your underwear drawer calling your name. And you can make it in a coffee cup in your microwave!
Microwave for a couple minutes.
Then voilà you have chocolate cake in a cup. Let the yumminess cool and then serve with whipped cream. You can even top it with chocolate syrup or caramel sauce. Another option, you can mix in chocolate chips.
Here is the recipe:
Chocolate Cake in a Cup
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 Tablespoons egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to do:
- Mix the cocoa powder, sugar and flour in a coffee cup.
- Add milk, oil, egg whites and vanilla extract.
- Stir for 2 minutes
- Microwave for for 1 minute and 45 seconds to 2 minutes, maybe 10 extra seconds if it seems runny.
- Top with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, caramel sauce or whatever else you think would be yummy.
Warning: This is an imperfect recipe; it may take some experimenting to get your cake in a cup exactly how you like it. So if the first batch isn’t very good, try again.
I found this recipe here.
-Sarah, One Curly Mama